Friday, April 6, 2012

My First Blog

Welcome to Infinity Designs TN's Blog! My name is Erin, and I'll be your blogger.

First off, let me explain what Infinity Designs TN is, in case you don't know.

I started doing macrame back in the summer of 2010. What started as a hobby and something to keep my mind busy, slowly worked itself into an entrepreneurial venture.

I learned from a friend how to make square knots, the basic foundation of macrame. I started making necklaces for friends and family for free, just because I liked it. As I became more experienced, I branched out into other knots and designs besides just jewelry.

As my knowledge grew, friends and family encouraged me to start selling my pieces. I started out selling locally in Middle Tennessee.

I had a good amount of success, but my profits were low because I was inexperienced with running a business. My friend and mentor, Josh, suggested I start selling on Etsy.com. Etsy was an up and coming website that we had heard of but had never explored. First, I started with eBay, however. Not very profitable again.

In August of 2011, I started my shop on Etsy. Since then till today, I have had:

4,203 views
326 favorited items
19 sales
29 admirers of my shop as a whole

Tremendous exposure! I am still a fledgling entrepreneur, but I have faith that I am doing good work because I can see it thanks to Etsy!

I love what I do and the fact that others do, too.

So, Infinity Designs TN is my shop on Etsy. I sell macrame designs and jewelry made of hemp. I will be featured in a blog on Sunday, April 29th. I'm so excited to be in this blog.

I've decided to start my own blog, and here it is. I hope to record something interesting that people might read, and connect to those who enjoy my work. It may be a little shaky at first, but bear with me. :)

You can find my Etsy shop at:

www.etsy.com/shop/InfinityDesignsTN

Find me on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/#!/InfinityDTN

And on Facebook:

www.facebook.com/InfinityDesignsTN

No comments:

Post a Comment